Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Green Tea Causes Insomnia

Over the past year or so, I decide to take an interest in different teas. It's healthier than sodas and not caloric and better than water. Sounds like a winner. So I tried Arizona Diet Green Tea. It has no calories and tons of vitamin C. Double win because drinking too much water makes me sick and I've never been a fan of citrus fruits. So into a month of drinking probably the biggest size every two or three days... which probably isn't that healthy at all, I noticed I was having trouble sleeping. I could literally stay up for hours at time (wake up at 5AM and still be awake at 7AM the next day). I tried sleeping pills (I'm not a big fan of pills. I don't even take Tylenol.) because I was desperate. I felt jittery and anxious. So after continuing such a rough cycle for about 7 or 8 months, I came across an article that said green tea can cause insomnia. So long story short, I stopped drinking it and now I sleep normal. Probably too much. I like my sleep. I used to literally stay awake in bed for hours just lying there in the dark waiting to fall asleep. It was awful. So coffee and caffeine fans, forget your coffee. Drink green tea. It works way better than any coffee does and it doesn't stain your teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment